Welcome to EPGeriatricsSociety.org
The Eastern Pennsylvania Geriatrics Society (EPGS)
Geriatrics is one of those words that means different things to different people. Recently, I asked several people what they thought the term meant. A tall, well-groomed university student said geriatrics is..."The study of old people". more»
EPGS Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner
Monday, December 9, 2013 - 6PM
Union League of Philadelphia - 140 S. Broad St., Philadelphia (directions)
Click here to register
Sponsorship and Display Opportunities Available
For more event information:
contact Nancy Carpey at 610-812-1583 or firstname.lastname@example.org
David Hoffman, Esq. testifies at the Alzheimer's Planning Committee meeting
EPGS President-elect, David Hoffman, Esq. testifies on Thursday, August 15, 2013 at the Alzheimer's Planning Committee meeting. His testimony addresses the issue of how best to protect individuals suffering from Alzheimer's disease and other dementia-related illnesses or significant cognitive impairments.
For more information, read his full testimony. (click here to download PDF)
EPGS 21st Annual Research Night
May 28, 2013
Thank you to everyone who attended the EPGS 21st Annual Research Night and to Montgomery, McCracken, Walker & Rhoads, LLC for hosting this event.
Congratulations to all of our presenters. Our Geriatric Fellow participants represented the following institutions: Thomas Jefferson University, University of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey-School of Osteopathic Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, and Crozer Chester Medical Center/Temple University Hospital.
Thank you to our supporters:
This year's winners and Presenters were:
- First Place: Dr. Wunhuey (Wendy) Cheng, University Of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-School of Osteopathic Medicine - "Investigating Adverse Drug Events Due to Loop Diuretics In The Elderly" (download Adstract)
- Second Place: Dr. Sabina Sharmeen, Crozer Chester Medical Center/Temple University Hospital - "Vitamin D Awareness Among Community Living Adults" (download Adstract)
- Third Place: Dr. Patrick Dostal, University of Pennsylvania - "Older Adult Patient Perceptions of the Electronic Medical Record" (download Adstract)
- Dr. Khaled B. Ali, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital - "Opioid Induced Constipation" (download Adstract)
- Dr. Jeffrey Guarino, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital - "Advance Care Planning in the Outpatient Setting" (download Adstract)
Click on the links below to view the winning PowerPoint Presentations
Click here to see photos from the event
EPGS is Looking for a Few Good Men & Women!
Attention all Members: The Board of Directors Invites YOU to Become More Involved!
We have openings on the following committees and value your input:
Committees meet by phone call, online and/or in person and are determined
by the chairperson who serves on the Board of Directors.
- Education Committee-responsible for planning educational programs
- Finance Committee-responsible for creating a budget and running the financial affairs of EPGS
- Membership Committee-supports efforts to increase membership, including website
- Legislative Committee-responsible for advocacy & marketing EPGS
For more information: Contact Nancy Carpey at 610-812-1583 or Nancy@EPGeriatricsSociety.org
Please take a minute to complete the following survey so that we can better serve EPGS Members and non-members. Click here to take the Survey