Welcome to EPGeriatricsSociety.org
The Eastern Pennsylvania Geriatrics Society (EPGS)
Geriatrics is one of those words that means different things to different people. Recently, I asked several people what they thought the term meant. A tall, well-groomed university student said geriatrics is..."The study of old people". more»
Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner Membership Special held over until January 15, 2015! Click Here For Details
Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner
Thank you to everyone who attended our Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner on December 8 at the Union League of Philadelphia.
A special thank you to our Keynote Speaker, Robert I. Field, PhD, MPH, JD, Professor of Law at the Kline School of Law and Professor of Health Management and Policy at the School of Public Health at Drexel University for offering insight into his recent book, "Mother of Invention: How the Government Created 'Free-Market' Health Care," which presents a historical overview of government programs in creating and maintaining the health care system and places health reform in the context of an ongoing evolutionary process. His discussion was followed by an insightful question and answer session on related topics.
Our congratulations to our Award Recipients:
Thank you to our Sponsors and supporters who helped make this event possible:
- Professor Robert I. Field of Drexel University, the Charles Ewing President’s Award for extraordinary accomplishments in improving the lives of the elderly.
- Philip C. Taylor, MD, the Barbara Bell, MD Award for distinguished service in the field of Geriatric Medicine.
- Barbara Reall, MBA, MSN, CRNP of Optum (formerly Evercare), the Nancy Tatum, RN Award for distinguished service in the field of Geriatric Nursing.
- Paul Nordeman, MHA, NHA of Meadowood Senior Living, the Grace W. Harrison Award for distinguish service in the field of long term care.
~ GOLD ~
OPTUM (formerly EVERCARE)
UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF GERIATRICS
~ SILVER ~
~ BRONZE ~
BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM PHARMACEUTICALS INC
CROZER-KEYSTONE HEALTH SYSTEM
MEADOWOOD SENIOR LIVING
THOMAS R. KLINE SCHOOL OF LAW-DREXEL UNIVERSITY
L to R Stephanie Randazzo, Diane Menio, Steve Rovner during the cocktail hour
Past EPGS Secretary, Tricia Corrigan with board member Sandy Pfeffer, Esq. enjoying the evening
Avoidance of Rehospitalization: New Challenges to the Care of Older Adults
October 29, 2014
EPGS would like to thank Symphony Square of Bala Cynwyd, PA for sponsoring and hosting this EPGS Program. A special thank you to Dr. Richard Stefanacci for his engaging, educational, and informative presentation: "Focus on Reducing Hospitalizations" (Click here to download a copy of Dr. Stefanacci's Powerpoint presentation)
EPGS 22nd Annual Research Night
May 27, 2014
Click here for more event information
1st Place Winner Dr. Amy MacKenzie
Left photo: (l to r) Dr. Shao-ChunYeh, Dr. Samuel Zwetchkenbaum, Dr. Rebakah Abel-Boenerjous, Dr. Su Jung Kim, Dr. Nesha Wijeyakuhan, Dr. Alysa Krain, Dr. John Liantonio, Dr. Kadesha Collins-Fletcher, not pictured: Dr. Amy MacKenzie
1st Place Winner Dr. Amy MacKenzie
Dr. Su Jung Kim &
Dr. Nesha Wijeyakuhan
EPGS is Looking for a Few Good Men & Women!
Attention all Members: The Board of Directors Invites YOU to Become More Involved!
We have openings on the following committees and value your input:
Committees meet by phone call, online and/or in person and are determined
by the chairperson who serves on the Board of Directors.
- Education Committee-responsible for planning educational programs
- Finance Committee-responsible for creating a budget and running the financial affairs of EPGS
- Membership Committee-supports efforts to increase membership, including website
- Legislative Committee-responsible for advocacy & marketing EPGS
For more information: Contact Nancy Carpey at 610-812-1583 or Nancy@EPGeriatricsSociety.org
Please take a minute to complete the following survey so that we can better serve EPGS Members and non-members. Click here to take the Survey