Upcoming EPGS Events
No events currently scheduled.
Recent EPGS Events
December 5, 2016:
The EPGS Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner
Thank you to everyone who attended our Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner on December 5, 2016 at the Union League of Philadelphia.
A special thank you to our Keynote Speaker, Barbara Bradley Hagerty, Former Contributor to NPR and author of a new book, Life Reimagined.
Our congratulations to our Award Recipients:
Terri Clark, MPH, Prevention Services Coordinator, Action Wellness, the Charles Ewing Memorial President's Award for extraordinary accomplishments in improving the lives of older adults.
Joel E. Streim, MD, Professor of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, the Barbara Bell, MD Award for distinguished service in the field of Geriatric Medicine.
Dequilla Hurt, NP, Crozer-Keystone Health Network, the Nancy Tatum, RN Award for distinguished service in the field of Geriatric Nursing.
David Hoffman, JD, FCPP, David Hoffman & Associates, PC the Grace W. Harrison Award for distinguish service in the field of long term care.
Thank you to our sponsors and supporters
who helped make this event possible:
BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM PHARMACEUTICALS INC.
CROZER-KEYSTONE HEALTH SYSTEM
MAIN LINE HEALTH
Thank you to PCA as a 2016 Corporate Member of EPGS.
- December, 2016: EPGS Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner
- October, 2016: Is Alzheimer's Disease Preventable? Scientific Updates on Medications in Clinical Trials
- May, 2016: EPGS 24th Annual Research Night
- March, 2016: Avoiding Federal Prosecution Through Effective Compliance
- December, 2015: EPGS Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner
- October, 2015: Aging with Dignity Working with LGBT Older Adults
- May, 2015: EPGS 23rd Annual Research Night
- December, 2014: EPGS Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner
- May, 2014: EPGS 22nd Annual Research Night
- April, 2014: Diabetes Care in the Geriatric Patient
- December, 2013: EPGS Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner
- May, 2013: The 21st Annual Research Night
- April 2013: At Cathedral Village - The Use of Psychotropic Medications in Long-Term Care: The Newest Frontier
- December 2012: Annual Awards Dinner
- May, 2012: The 20th Annual Research Night
- December 2011: Annual Awards Dinner
- May, 2011: The 19th Annual Research Night
- December 2010: Annual Awards Dinner
- October 2010: Fall Educational Dinner & Program at The Chart House
- May 2010: 18th Annual Research Night
- December 2009: Annual Awards Dinner
- May 2009: 17th Annual Research Night
- March 2009: Managing People with Dementia Disorders: Evidence for Innovation at Home
- December 2008: Awards Dinner
- May 2008: 16th Annual EPGS Graduate Research Night Presentations
- December 2007 Event
Download documents from past events
May 15, 2012 - 20th Annual Research Night
Thank you to everyone who attended the EPGS 20th Annual Research Night and congratulations to all of our presenters. Our Geriatric Fellow participants represented the following institutions: Thomas Jefferson University, University of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey, Abington Memorial Hospital, Temple University/Crozer Chester, and Sacred Heart Hospital.
First Place: Dr. Christian White, University Of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-School of Osteopathic Medicine - "A Comparison of Nursing Home Staff who use a Person-Centered Perspective to Those who use a Standard Paradigm Perspective on Related Stress"
Second Place: Dr. Alyson Dobracki, Temple University Hospital - "Under-Recognition of Weight Loss in Community-Dwelling elders"
Third Place: Dr. Nataliya Dementovych, Abington Memorial Hospital - "Improving Function After Hospitalization in Older Adults With Co-Morbidities"
Dr. Cosmina Popa
Dr. Jenny Chiang
October 12, 2011 - Preventing Elder Investment Fraud: Assessing Your Patients for Vulnerability to Financial Exploitation
- by Joshua D. Uy, M.D., UPenn, Department of Medicine & Michael J. Byrne, Pennsylvania Securities Commission (Powerpoint - 4MB)
March 15, 2011: Hoarding in the Elderly: A Threat to Aging in Place
Presented by Dr. Mary Ann Forciea, UPenn-Medical Director, In-Home Program,
Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine
- Hoarding in the Elderly: A Threat to Aging in Place (PowerPoint)
- Self Neglect Severity Scale (PDF)
October 14th, 2009: Hospice Care, The New Frontier for Compliance & Enforcement
- Click here to download a copy of the PowerPoint Presentation
- Oregon Hospice Pays $1.83 Million to Settle False Claims Act Liability